Salary Basis

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
ssalipk

Salary Basis

Post by ssalipk »

Hi All,

I need to ask one question regarding Salary Basis, that it is necessary to map all the elements with salary basis or just map with Basic Pay as we select this in assignment window.

Regards,
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

depand in your business you can link any element to the basic salary.
m_muzamil_khan

Post by m_muzamil_khan »

This is basically depend upon your business rules or requirement, but I will explain you as what I did with my organization.

Fixed Salary = Basic Salary + Food Allowance + Housing Allowance +Miscellaneous Allowance +Transport Allowance

the most important thing is that which element are costing or which element are not.

so better to communicate with finance needs and at least define those necessary element that will be transfer to GL, after running the payroll and costing processes.

Kind Regards,
Muzamil Khan
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

Thanks Muzamil and alruwaished , I have understand this concept.
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

Hi Dear ssalipk

Can you explain what you understand to all member to benfit them please
regard
thanks
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

Salary Basis is the main driving salary component of your salary structure. The other salary components are driven by this component. So ideally there will be only one Salary basis.

You can not attach multiple salary basis to single assignment.

Am I correct? if wrong please tell me
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear ssalipk,

You are correct. You can not assign more than one Salary Basis to an assignment. Besides, defining more than onse salary basis is controlled by client business; i.e. If you have more than one category of employees paid differently, then you can define two elements and link them to two salary bases to identify the two salary element that will be assigned to employeed based on them.

In other words, usually you need to link Basic Salary element with the Salary Basis, but you might need other element as per you business rules.