R12: Prepayment application to PO matched invoices

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
AmanKhan

R12: Prepayment application to PO matched invoices

Post by AmanKhan »

HI,

I cannot apply Prepayment type invoice to Standard PO matched invoices. I am not sure if it is R12 bug or standard functionality or i am missing any step.

1. Is there any specific steps or pre-requisits for applying prepayment to PO matched invoices.

2. Can we enter PO matched prepayment ? if yes then What are the steps for entering PO matched prepayment ? or can we only match these prepayments to PO matched invoices ?

Thanks,
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

Hi Aman

Check the Date of the Prepayment Invoice & the Standard PO matched Invoice (Prepayment Invoice Date should be before the Standard Invoice Date) and the status of the Prepayment Invoice (Should be Available). Applying Prepayment to PO Matched Invoices work the same way as applying Prepayment to a Non-PO matched Invoice.

You can enter PO matched Prepayment. You can match these Prepayments to PO matched Invoices only. Additionally these Prepayments cannot be applied to the same PO Matched Standard Invoice. Example, if you create a PO matched Prepayment to PO number 1. This PO matched Prepayment can be applied to Invoice matched to PO number 1 and cannot be applied to some other PO.

I am telling this from my own working knowledge from 12.0.3. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Navaneeth
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Navaneeth,

I have same understanding regarding prepayments that we can apply non PO matched prepayments to PO matched invoices but since i encountered error while applying prepayment on PO matched invoices, i thought its a bug. Now i have to open SR to solve this issue.

thanks,
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

Hi Aman

There was a typing mistake in my previous post which I overlooked.
I said "Additionally these Prepayments cannot be applied to the same PO Matched Standard Invoice" which is a typing error.

It should be "Additionally these Prepayments cannot be applied to some other PO Matched Standard Invoice". Anyhow It would have been understood as I gave an example.

By the way, what do you mean by "we can apply non PO matched prepayments to PO matched invoices" in your reply and what is the error you are getting.

Regards
Navaneeth
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI,

I simply mean if i enter p/p and not matched to po/receipts then can we match it to po matched invoices ? As standard funcationality, yes we can but i cant apply p/p now.

Error is very unrealistic, i got following error message:

Please create an invoice item line before navigating to the Apply/Unapply window.

I believe it is a bug, as invoice is validated and accounted.

Regards,
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

Yes Aman... you are right.

This is an unresolved Bug documented in Metalink Bug No. 7710684. May be you have to wait until Oracle releases a Patch for this Bug.

One workaround for this is, Create a PO matched Prepayment and when the actual PO matched Invoice comes, apply the PO matched Prepayment to the Actual Invoice. This is what I am doing right now.[:)]

Navaneeth
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

This bug is resolved in the latest March CPC - NOTE.557869.1. It is highly recommended that customers apply the critical patches.

You should also apply the patch and test the issue, my several other issues have been resolved after applying this patch.
Erikson

One workaround for this is, Create a PO matched Prepayment and when the actual PO matched Invoice comes, apply the PO matched Prepayment to the Actual Invoice. This is what I am doing right now.
Before applying CPC, I also follow this workaround but there is one issue with this work around, i have setup match option to receipt, first i match prepayment to receipt and paid it and then i enter standard invoice and match it to PO then system shows error that PO is closed but it allow matching while matching it double the quantity invoiced and placed hold on it and i can only remove hold manually then i can apply prepayment to invoice but In this situation PO quantity doubled which is wrong. How to proceed in this situation ?

thanks,