Interface Question

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
abbas9001

Interface Question

Post by abbas9001 »

Hi Group,

I have a question on interface.

For example a feeder has inputted the data into the temp/interim table, then we move the dat from interim/temp to apps interface table.
Now I would like to know if data is stuck in the apps interface table due the validations defined.
How can we proceed further, is it we will correct the data in apps interface table from backend by updating the information or should we delete the data from apps interface table and temp table and ask the feeder to re interface the data.
I would like to know how will this work.

Regards,
Abbas.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

The widely followed Practice is to correct the data from the source (Which will be subledgers, in your case it is a Non Oracle system) and then transfer the corrected data to Interface. Only when altering of source is not possible, one can correct the data from back end.
Few interfaces provide data correction at front end also, like:
Assets transferred from Payables can be corrected in the Mass Additions before posting it
Autoinvoices generated in Receivables from ORder Management can be altered from the front end itself...

Your process is like:
Step 1: Enter Date in a Temporary Staging Table
Step 2: Transfer from Staging table to Interface Table
Step 3: From Interface Table to Base Table.

Advice to have the corrected Data in Step 1 itself......
Only if no option, modify the step 2 changes which you are doing in the interface directly and document it .
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi,

You can correct the stuckup invoices in the interface through front end.

Oracle Payables -->invoices -->Entry --> Open Interface Invoices.

Here you can able to correct the invoices and import the same using
"Payables Open Interface Import" and pass the necessary parameters. and submit.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva
abbas9001

Post by abbas9001 »

Thank you for clarifying the doubt, its helpful.

I would like to confirm, if the data is wrong then do we delete the data from temp interface table and the ask the feeders to re interface the data from scratch.

Regards,
Abbas.