What is the use of Creating Sub Ledger Journal Ent

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
oracleapps1983

What is the use of Creating Sub Ledger Journal Ent

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Dear Members

What is the Purpose of Creating Journal Entries Manually

Navigate to the Subledger Journal Entries window
Accounting > Subledger Accounting > Journal Entries

My Question is when there is Journal entries are going to create automatically when we run Create Accounting Program?

Regards
Oracleapps1983
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

I think you got confused by the terminologies used by Oracle.

Create Accounting program creates journal entries for the transactions that you have already entered.
However the manual journal entries which are provided as a new functionality in release 12 used to create direct accounting entries for instances which cannot take the route of transaction.
It can be month end entries or accrual entries or rectification entries etc....
Now the next question which might come up is, the same can be done in General Ledger module, why at all we need the same in subledger.....
When u keep altering the data directly in GL, what happens at the period end, the accounts will never reconcile.
so if there is a mistake in subledgers, now you can correct the same by passing a manual journal entry at subledger level itself, therefore data that comes to GL will match exactly with what is there in subledgers...

Hope i have made it clear...
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Thanks for Valuable information Karthik