GL data in Cash Forecast

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
ehsan

GL data in Cash Forecast

Post by ehsan »

Hi,
I want to create cash forecast on the bases of Payable and GL data. we did not implemented AR module so all inflow data we are entering GL directly. Now I am able to select add row source for supplier invoice and payments as outflow but i am not able to get GL as a add row source. Its only showing GL budget and GL encumbrance. Can anybody suggest me how i can get GL data in cash forecast. I am using oracle R12 12.0.4.

Regards,
abhyankarnarayan

Post by abhyankarnarayan »

Hi Ehsan,

I dont think you can do that. Apart from other sources (AR,AP,CM etc), Forecasting takes data from GL only for budgets. Unlike for reconciliation, it doesnt pick data from GL lines for forecasting. This is standard functionality.
Though I am not cent percent sure about this. But I also tried somedays back and one of the metalink notes mentioned about the sources from which forecasting can pick data. In that there was no mention of GL lines.

Thanks,
Narayan