Bonus distribution on yearly basis

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
hina.hrms

Bonus distribution on yearly basis

Post by hina.hrms »

Hi All,

We want to give employees a fixed amount on his birth date, for this I have created a non recurring element , I have to write a formula for this logic

if current date >= birth date then
return 1000
else
return 0

can any body suggest me , how to write correct formula

Regards
fayyaz.tak

Post by fayyaz.tak »

Hi

There is no need to create the fast formula for giving the bonus

1. First you will create the non recurring element
2. Create the Link
3. List all the Employees whose birthday is in the Monthly Payroll.

Example: you will run the payroll for the month of September then List all the Employee whose Birthday is in the month of September then

4. Attach the non recurring element on the Element Entry form. Manually attach the Element or you can use the data load tool for attaching the element on the employee

5. Use the Batch Element Entry BEE for giving the Bonus amount.

6. Run the Payroll

Correct if I am wrong

Thanks & Regards
Fayyaz Tak
admin

Post by admin »

As the requirement is to pay this bonus on monthly basis to those employees having birthdays in that month and not yearly basis bonus. In this case the element should be recurring instead of non recurring. Now best thing is to design a solution which should auto select the employees and add bonus in their next coming salary.

Hina correct me if I am wrong?

First try to write all possible checks,

current date >= birth date and Bonus not yet payed in this year (There should be a field which will be updated once paid otherwise it will give bonus each month).

Thanks
hina.hrms

Post by hina.hrms »

Thanks, by this way every month we need to do this? Can you define the BEE process in detail , I am little bit confuse regarding this

Thanks Again
admin

Post by admin »

No once. I mean once setup then each month at the time of processing it should check the data and find those who have DOB in that month of which you are processing the payroll.

If you will have to do manually each month then better to use Excel instead of system.

tks
hina.hrms

Post by hina.hrms »

Yes, the solution should be automate otherwise excel is the best. Admin you are correct , best thing is to design a solution which should auto select the employees and add bonus in their next coming salary. But unable to decide yet either FF will cater this or Mr. Fayyaz's solution will work.

Regards,
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Hina,

If I understand the requirement right, then you can implement it through Fast Formula and API's.

Do the Following:
1) Define a recurring element to be attached to the employee "Bonus". It should be recurring because you do not need to worry about the bonus dates for each employee. Just drop it once for each employee and the system will take care of the calculations.
2) Link the element.
3) Write the following Logic in your FF:

**This will Make the Element Applicaple with a Result Value Each Birthdate for this Employee**

no_of_months =mod(trunc(months_between(PAY_PROC_PERIOD_END_DATE, PER_DATE_OF_BIRTH))/12)
If no_of_months = 0 then
Pay_Value = 1000
else
Pay_Value = 0
return Pay_Value

4) Make correct FF Results.
5) Make an Element Entry to an employee.
6) Run Quick Pay to test it --> There should be Pay Values (Run Results) For only those employees with Birthdays in the current month. The Result will be in the Same month. i.e. If you need to make the Bonus in the Next month following the month in which the Birthday was, then you have to ADD A LOGIC IN YOUR FAST FORMUL AND MAKE USE OF ELEMENT ENTRY API TO MAKE AN ENTRY WITH ANOTHER NON-RECURRING ELEMENT "Bonus Paid" in the Following Month (give correct parameters!).

NOTE: You can also substitute the code placed with "Return Pay_Value" and put the code in a skip rule. This should only process the element for the employee in the corresponding Date Birth which enhances Payroll Performance.

I hope I had solved your problem :P
If you have further queries, feel free to post and I will be glad to help..
and If the problem is solved, please feed me back.

Best Regards,

Ahmad Ghanem
Senior Oracle HRMS Consultant
admin

Post by admin »

Very right Ghanem. tks
hina.hrms

Post by hina.hrms »

Thanks Ahmed, this solution is looking very perfect, I will inform you soon.

Regards,
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dears,

You are most welcome, and I am glad if I could help :P
Looking forward to hear the results...

Regards,