Adjustments of AP in AR

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anu_uma

Adjustments of AP in AR

Post by anu_uma »

HI All,

We have a Customer who is also setup as a vendor in Purchasing/payables. we have to pay him 12000, but on the other hand he has to pay us $3000 for a purchase from us. Now We want to pay him the $9000, instead of $12000 which we want to adjust. How to do this adjustment in AP and AR?

What is the best way to do that? Is there a way to link these receivable/payable activities?

Any payment has to be done in the Payables alone. For your requirement the only way available is that you prepare a credit Memo in payables and adjust the same agaist the invoice payable. Also have a control account against which you make the payment.
In receivables prepare a Credit Memo according to the credit memo invoice in payables and ensure that the control account gets knocked off when these gets transfered to GL.

Use Supplie/Customer netting report for your reference.
kappalavijay

Post by kappalavijay »

hi,
iam the enduser using apps 11i and the same problem i will face in that case, iam following the procedure like....
i will raise a credit memo in AR module by giving debiting to clearing $3000 and crediting to the customer
in ap module, i will raise a debit memo by giving cr amt $3000 to clearing a/c, once posting done , the balance gets nullify in the clearing a/c.

any suggesion pls welcome,