Supplier Site merge

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anjan123

Supplier Site merge

Post by anjan123 »

Hi Folks,

I have an issue in Payables.

Instead of creating single supplier our client created multiple suppliers with minor name change and enter the transactions for multiple operating units.

Now they want rectify it what will be the solution for this.

Note: They have entered Invoices, Credit/Debit memo's , Payments as well. I tried to Supplier Merge option, but through this we can only move Invoices , i am not sure is it correct or not could some one suggest the proper solution for this.

Regards
Anjan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Use supplier merge, it will merge all supplier invoices and POs data.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

<b>Note: They have entered Invoices, Credit/Debit memo's , Payments as well. I tried to Supplier Merge option, but through this we can only move Invoices , i am not sure is it correct or not could some one suggest the proper solution for this.</b>
1. Supplier merge is the correct solution. Deactivate the unwanted suppliers after merging.
2. You may ask the client to follow some process to not to repeat this duplicate supplier creation

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Hi Aman/Saravanan

In supplier merge available options are

1. Invoices All

2. Unpaid

3. None

if i select Invoices all, what about the payments can we view payment details on behalf of which supplier site.

Ex:- Oracle is main supplier and created multiple sites , one site is one OU. we have 6 ou's so 6 sites created for this supplier. Also our client created duplication as Oracle Coprp and created as many sites for each Operating Unit. Then he enter standard Invoices, Credit/Debit Memo and Payments as well.

How we should perform Supplier merge process here.

Invoice field "All", PO field "enable check box", From Supplier Name " Oracle Corp", Site " Ou-1 site" , To supplier Name "Oracle" site to " OU-1 site".

is this correct process or any changes require.

Regards
Anjan
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Could some one respond on this please

Regards
Anjan
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Hi,

Please it is very urgent for us.

regards
Anjan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Anjan

My recommendation is that use a test server (or vision server) with these 3 cases to know the business impact after supplier merge to decide which option will be used and if I used one of these options, I;ll tell you the results.

Thanks
Hisham