change of libality account

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

change of libality account

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

HAI ALL,

i have some invoices which will be paid after some months i will enter the invoices now. At the time of paying invoices i want to change libality account?i want to give budget account?is it advisable?possible?

and i want to restrict that invoices not appear in batch payments is there any way?

Thanks&Regards
stalin
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
I don't think there is a way of changing the Liability account after the invoice has been entered. Why do you need to do that? If you do it, AP will not match GL.
If you want to prevent the invoices to be paid you can put them an hold that prevents payment.

Octavio
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

1. What is the business reason to change the liability account at the invoice? You may think of creating different supplier sites, if required and possible.
2. Where do you want to give budget account? Do you want to replace the liability account with budget account?

If you also give the business reasons, we can suggest the possible options and workarounds.

If you are asking for restricting invoices only in batch payments and the same to appear in Quick payments, the answer is "No" unless you do customization. If you want to restrict in both Quick payments and batch payments, then you may use the 'Hold' option as suggested by Octavio

Cheers,
Saravanan
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

HAI ALL,

THANKS Octavio,Saravanan FOR YOUR ANSWERS.

1)ACTUALLY I WANT TO PUT BUDGET ACCOUNT IN THE PLACE OF LIBALITY ACCOUNT AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT.

2)I WANT TO RESTRICT ONLY FOR BATCH PAYMENT?SO WAHT IS THE EASIEST HOLD THAT END USER CAN PUT AND RELEASE AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT FOR HIMSELF?SUGGEST?

THANKS
STALIN.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

<b>ACTUALLY I WANT TO PUT BUDGET ACCOUNT IN THE PLACE OF LIBALITY ACCOUNT AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT.</b>
. You want to replace like this for all the invoices or for some invoices? Why do you want to do like this? (or what is the benifit you get by replacing the liability account with the budget account)?

You can put the payment hold and then release it during the Quick payment.

Cheers,
Saravanan
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Hai Saravanan,

I am extremely sorry for inconvinence actually i want to give budget account in the place of charge/expense account at the time of invoice entry?is it advisable?does it have any accounting problems? the final entry i want is budget ac dr to cash ac

and reg holds if i put holds i can not close periods.so i want to close periods and t/f them to next periods and to next financial years.

i am really sorry i mentioned libality ac instead of charge ac.

Regards,
Stalin.
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

hai,

and i want to do it for many invoices. i will enter invoices now and will pay after 2 years

stalin
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
the final entry i want is budget ac dr to cash ac
I think there's no way. For the payment the system will
DR Liab
CR Cash

Octavio