Setup Steps to change SLA Method.

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anjan123

Setup Steps to change SLA Method.

Post by anjan123 »

Hi Folks,

We are using SLA method as Encumbrance Accrual now we want to change it is User defined Method.

Could some one tell me the setup steps to follow.

We are implementing AP,AR,GL,FA,PO,OM,INV,OPM, and Projects.

Regards
Anjan
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Have you defined the user defined SLA method?

Are you asking how to change the SLA or how to replace encumbrance accrual with the user defined SLA method name?

If have already defined user defined method, then you should just replace the name in the ledger setup (I believe you are not asking this).

If you have not defined the user defined SLA method, you may go through the below thread which explain the SLA configuration for FA module. You can understand the concept and do it on your own based on the requirements.

Cheers,
Saravanan
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Hi Saravanan,

While changing one SLA Method to another SLA method, We need to follow some steps.

I am asking those steps not SLA method definition.

Regards
Anajan
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

You don't need to follow any major steps except to change the SLA method in the ledger setup (provided you have completed the user defined SLA setup). When you do create accounting next time, system will use the new SLA method to create appropriate accounting entries.

You need to decide when you want to change the SLA method. May be you can complete all the accounting entries with the old method for the current period and then change the SLA method for the next accounting period. It is a call to be taken by the consultants along with the business heads.

Cheers,
Saravanan