Vendor Type

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rohitvats

Vendor Type

Post by rohitvats »

Version R12/11i? = R12
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? = prod
Module? = Payables

Hi All,
We have the option of vendor Type,I know the functionality of this.
we have some vendors grouped by the Vendor type(Brokerage) at the same time we want to change this vendor type to Some other Tax related TDS/VAT Authority/Brokerage........

Say Example Of "A" supplier is the Broker he can be grouped By the Broker name of Vendor Type and This "A" supplier is applicable VAT And TDS As per the application functionality i have to select VAT And TDS Authorities..then only he will apper to claim the taxes and all as per localization scenarios...

how can we set up this ..is ther any way to group the suppliers .to look into the VAT/TDS/ BROKER..Bcoz He is applicable All 3 vendor Types......

regards
rohitvats

Post by rohitvats »

How to Define 2 or more Vendor types on a single Supplier for the above scenario........
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

You may use DFF to capture the vendor types. But then you may have to customize the reports to fetch the data from the DFF.

Cheers,
Saravanan