GL_INTERFACE

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
velichetiraghav

GL_INTERFACE

Post by velichetiraghav »

Version R12/11i? = 11i
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? = PROD
Module? = GL
OS? = WINDOWS XP

Hi Team,

Am trying to load records into GL_INTGERFACE (Related to Accruals). I.e extracting the data using discoverer tool and then load the extracted data into GL_INTERFACE, the problem is when i run the JOURNAL IMPORT program it ends up with warning stating that with the Error EU02,P: i.e. the journals are unbalanced, and when i check the sum of debits is not equal to sum of credits. and also the suspense account is not enabled. Can you please let us know how to deal with the amount i.e the amount from AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL to ENTERED_DR and ENTERED_CR in the GL_INTERFACE.

Please anyone can share there ideas who had already done this kind of work

Thanks
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

I believe it is not the first time I see this question. At least I?ve given a reply to a similar question a few days ago.
The problem for the unbalanced journals has to do with the fact that you are dealing with invoice distributions, which contain only part of the accounting data. To have all info you need to look at AP_INVOICES_ALL and AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL tables (joined by INVOICE_ID column). Let?s see the accounting of a simple Standard invoice:

Line 1 Debit Cost $80
Line 2 Debit Tax $20
Line 3 Credit Liability $100

For line 1 you need to select column AMOUNT from AP_INVOICE_DISTRUBUTIONS_ALL, with LINE_TYPE_LOOKUP_CODE = Item

For line 2 you need to select column AMOUNT from AP_INVOICE_DISTRUBUTIONS_ALL, with LINE_TYPE_LOOKUP_CODE = Tax

For line 3 you need to select column INVOICE_AMOUNT from AP_INVOICES_ALL

I?m considering this solution for a simple standard invoice, in functional currency, with just two distribution lines, one for cost and one for tax.
If you just consider to complicate things just a little bit, like considering an extra distribution line for Withholding Tax and everything changes.
What you are trying to do is not an easy task (even using both tables).

Octavio
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

[quote]Version R12/11i? = 11i
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? = PROD
Module? = GL
OS? = WINDOWS XP

Hi Team,

Am trying to load records into GL_INTGERFACE (Related to Accruals). I.e extracting the data using discoverer tool and then load the extracted data into GL_INTERFACE, the problem is when i run the JOURNAL IMPORT program it ends up with warning stating that with the Error EU02,P: i.e. the journals are unbalanced, and when i check the sum of debits is not equal to sum of credits. and also the suspense account is not enabled. Can you please let us know how to deal with the amount i.e the amount from AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL to ENTERED_DR and ENTERED_CR in the GL_INTERFACE.

Please anyone can share there ideas who had already done this kind of work

Thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by velichetiraghav
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Octovia is right...

but the basic question is why discoverer used to transfer data from AP to GL Interface? what is the business reason behind that?

Cheers,
Saravanan
nrao1981

Post by nrao1981 »

[quote]Octovia is right...

but the basic question is why discoverer used to transfer data from AP to GL Interface? what is the business reason behind that?

Cheers,
Saravanan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by tgs100