Inventory Period Close

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
elakkia1980in

Inventory Period Close

Post by elakkia1980in »

Dear All,
we have 80 inv. orgs. Last date of every month we are closing the inv. period and will run the ceded reports.

it takes a long time for us to close each and every inv. orgs. and the production people keep on calling us to open the next inventory
period. But in Finance they have told us not open the period before closing and running the report.

Is there any other method to close the period at one stretch and open the period immediately. So that we will not be pressured by both the finance and production persons.

Anyone who knows can send me the document or metalink id.

Mail to my email address: elakkia1980in@yahoo.co.in

Thanx in advance,
Elakkia.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I don't think shortcuts are available to close periods for multiple IOs simultaneously.

Apart from standard reports, you can customize your own reports to print the transaction details preventing period closing.

Cheers,
Saravanan
admin

Post by admin »

As it is not just closing but to handle any exception as well. I am just thinking a way to use Dataload and record macros but haven't tried so no idea it will work or not. I think for this function to work you need to purchase Dataload the free one will not have this function. But again you need to check...just a raw idea.

http://www.dataload.com/about/formplayback.html

Thanks
senwhiz

Post by senwhiz »

Hi Ellakia,

Please refer
Metalink Note:
1) Metalink Id: 283048.1
2) Metalink id:247349.1

It helps you to close multiple Inventory Periods.

Regards,

Senthil