Setup Details Regarding Investment

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Number13

Setup Details Regarding Investment

Post by Number13 »

Version R12/11i? = R12
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? = PROD
Module? = PAYABLES, RECEIVABLES AND GL
OS? = XP

Dear All,

We have to develop separate LE and OU in which we will be doing investments only. Now issue is that we show our all investments in Trial Balance. I mean to say if our organization has done four investment at 10.2%, 11%, 14% and 15.3%, all these investment will appear in Trial Balance.

If we will not define all these investment in COA as an indivisual acounts for each investment and create investment invoice in Payables and define rates and scheme of investment through DFF at Line level all these investment detail and interest accrued will appear in Trial balance.
Because here we show all our investment indivisually in Trial Balance.

Thanks,
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I understand you tried to explain in detail..but still I could not understand the actual requirement/issue.

Cheers,
Saravanan
Number13

Post by Number13 »

Hi,

We have created separate LE and OU under that LE. This OU is created only for investment purpose. I mean the only work under this OU is doing investments and earning interest on those investments.

Now our requirement is that we always show our each and every individual investment in our Trial Balance. Its something like if we have suppliers we show in our trial balance which supplier has been paid how much. Same way we show how much investment has been done for each and every individual investment in our trial balance and for that we have created an individual account in our COA for each investment. Few are like as: FD @ 10.2% with SBI Bank, Bonds @ 13.5% with ICICI Bank etc.

Now I am saying we can do investment in ERP R12 through Payables and Receivables in which we mention all our investment details in Flexfiled at Line Level in payables and we receive interest at maturity in Receivables.

So can we get a trial balance report in ERP where all investmest are mentioned individualy if we do our investment by mentioning investment details in DFF at line level in Payables rather than define Key flexfield in our COA for each and every individual investments.

Hope things will clear to you better than be

Please reply me as early as possible.

Thanks,
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Technically it is possible to customize the report to display the current balances for each investment provided you have captured the data in AP and AR.

But I would suggest you to follow the current process even if number of accounts are more which does not require customization.

Cheers,
Saravanan
Number13

Post by Number13 »

Hi,

Thanks for reply. With the same process I am getting some setup issue. Like when I am creating Transaction Type like Credit Memo, Debit Memo and Invoices there we have to fill Receivables and Revenue account. There if we go by our current setting which account should I choose for the above mentioned account as in this setup we have several receivables and revenue accounts there, and I am confused which one to choose.

Thanks,