help with DFF

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sgeeta

help with DFF

Post by sgeeta »

I want to create a DFF in my Invoice form In ATTRIBUTE5 I want to add a list of value from PER_ALL_PPEOPLE_F where they can pick the employee from the list can some one advice how to do this.

Thanks
sgeeta

Post by sgeeta »

Sorry! we have about 500-600 employes is it a good idea to have an LOV or just tell the user to add the name of the person who ordered that item.
mohdahmed

Post by mohdahmed »

Hi sangeeta,

DFF are not good to have. unless there is a grave need you should not go for it. if you go for it, need to make sure they could be reported on. Another con is, what i think(may be wrong) the business logic could not associated with DFFs unless heavy customizations. Consultants use DFF just to hide the GAPS. usually long term disadvantages they would not know or they would not tell.

thanks,
admin

Post by admin »

Hi sgeeta,
It is better to tell us that what is the objective so we can suggest any better idea. Well adding/listing these number of records is not any issue. thanks
sgeeta

Post by sgeeta »

Ok, the issue is some one from HR EMP A ordered business card.
Some one from IT EMP B ordered Cisco router.
Some one from Field Engineering EMP C ordered Phones.
So AP while creating and Invoice need 3 DFF one when they entered the invoice
Second the name of the EMP who ordered and third the date they got the invoice approval back to AP.(The invoice approval is manual or by phone call)
ATTR1= Date Entered
ATTR2= EMP Name (Here is where I am trying to have that LOV)
ATTR3=Date I got the Invoice approval back from EMP B
So lets say I got the invoice From CISCO Invoice date is 05-03-07 the entered date was
11-03-07. Now I sent the invoice to EMP B to verify he said yes and got it back on
13-03-07.
We want to track who order and how long AP took to process that invoice and pay the invoice to CISCO. Its like Invoice received to invoice paid history. Then top to that I need to create a report.
Thanks So Much You guys are great As I said we speak the same language Oracle APPS.
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Hi,

Date Entered u can take the Invoice Date entered into the system. Infact u can take the time also I believe along with who(user) entered the invoice into the system.

After approval tracking, you can use invoice approval which can give u an invoice is approved and by whom(user).

To have a DFF for Emp Name I would say it is good. Because you can use the same thing for printing empoyee's name in check when an employee is treated as supplier and a check payment is made.

Moreoever the Emp name also adds values as to the expenses monitorng of an employee or a department though we have a cost center.

As others say, even I dont encourage DFF for other two strictly. After all Accounts Payable Module is not meant for this tracking system. May be a CRM module can help you do this.

Contact at Vijayasarathyr@gmail.com for any queries.
sgeeta

Post by sgeeta »

Thanks so much I sitll want to figure out how to create the EMP_NAME DFF.
I tried that and attached the value set I am getting error.
I selected the table PER_ALL_PPEOPLE_F
value I selected employee_name
and under ID I selected employee_number
under where/order by (employee_number in ('1150','1158')
I just gave these 2 employee to test
I am getting error any advice for the above code.
Thanks