Prepayment Message

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kishorebhupati

Prepayment Message

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi,

As all of you are aware at the time of entry of Standard Invoice for a Vendor having some advance system gives message to Apply and Unapply Prepayment.

We use Data loader for upload of Standard Invoices and because of this Pop up Message upload is getting disrupted.

How we can set this message to come at the time of Validation not at the time of entry.

Thanks
Bhupati
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Don't customize or personalize application because it is standard popup message and may be difficult to customize/personalize, instead modify dataload script as It is very simple, It will not interupt.

Regards,
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Thanks Aman,

How can i modify Dataload Script, well i mean to say where exactly i can put the logic.

Bhupati
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Bhupati.

I already faced this problem in the past and it was a terrible thing. In fact, you can modify the DataLoad sheet by entering a column with the Enter command. The problem is that you never know when it is going to be necessary because not all suppliers have prepayments.
Probably the best way it wil be to divide the load in two sheets: one for the suppliers with available prepayments and another one for the rest.

Hope this helps.
Octavio
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Octavio has given the right solution, Enter command will work in Dataload scripts. Define two separate dataload scripts for uploading invoices.

Regards,
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi,

Thanks and I agree with both of you, but the client wants to have this control of check of prepayment at the time of validation rather than transaction entry or upload as there may be some garbage data which they will have check only at the time of validation.

Thanks
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Will u explain about garbage data in payables at invoice entry ?

Validation process is itself a check on the data entry authenticity. However you can go for personalization/customization for prepayment popup etc.

Regards,

Fahd
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi Aman,

I mean to say the data comes in excel file and is uploaded using dataloader and validation is done by checking with hard copy. The idea of Prepayment personalisation makes again the starting point of discussion which you suggested not right soultion.
Is there any way i can go ahead to have some check of prepayment for standard invoice at the time of validation.

Thanks