Receipt write off and Charges back

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Receipt write off and Charges back

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hello All,

Plz guide me when these activities are used and what is its purpose in AR Module.I am using R12.

Thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If there are any residual receipt amounts which are not applied against any invoices, then you can use this receipt write-off concurrent program to write-off the residual amount.

For example, there is an AR invoice for USD 999.5 and you received USD 1000 from the customer. In this case, USD 0.5 is the residual amount for which system will create a write-off line for 0.5 when you run the concurrent program.

Cheers,
Saravanan
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hello Saravanan

ok ,i got it thanks.
YOu told me that i have to run Concurrent program,there is no request.my Q is that if i choose receivable activtity in receipt application window, is that ok?

one confusion left , after write off where this amount lies.

thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

In the receipt write-off screen when you submit (after giving the selection criteria values), a concurrent program will be spawned. This concurrent program will create the receipt write-off lines

Cheers,
Saravanan
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Thanks Sarvanan

what about chargesback in AR, and what is its purpose and procedure.

thanks again.