AR Dont use Cash and Check payment types

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
h3am

AR Dont use Cash and Check payment types

Post by h3am »

Dear all,

I fund the following note in AR oracle doc.

Note: Receivables currently does not use the Cash and Check
payment types.

but now i need to use cash payment type how can i do it to use it in prepayment in Order management ?

anyone have solution please tell me
thanks
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Dear

I am sorry to say, but your message is not giving me clear idea , exactly as to what you required ???
Pls. be specific abt the issue.

Regards
Dhananjay

[quote]Dear all,

I fund the following note in AR oracle doc.

Note: Receivables currently does not use the Cash and Check
payment types.

but now i need to use cash payment type how can i do it to use it in prepayment in Order management ?

anyone have solution please tell me
thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by h3am
h3am

Post by h3am »

How can i make payment in cash in AR ?
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

[quote]How can i make payment in cash in AR ?

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by h3am
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

Only through Payables you can make the payment.
Dhanjay has given an explanation.

Further if you need any clarification ,

Pls let us know so that we can guide you.

TIA
SRIDHAR

Post by SRIDHAR »

Hi all,
I think the topic got deviated[:D] from the query raised by h3am.
The person asked abt how to record downpayment or prepayment while booking order.(The business requirement is that before shipping the goods the customer has to make downpayment called Prepayment in order management terminology)
The second post diverted the topic to Payment routing through AP.

Payment type in Order Entry window tells how the customer want to make payment relating to this sales order.

Payment type in Receipt class tells what is the mode of payment for the automatic receipts created using this receipt class(payment type field is available only for automatic receipt creation method)

However automatic receipt feature for cash and check payment type is not implemented in the present version of the apps. (that is what said in Receivables User guide)
For Sales Order having payment type as check or cash, payment infomation will not populate into transaction window payment method and bank information fields.

But Cash and Check Payment types are very much useful for making prepayments for Orders in Order management.

Please refer Order Management User guide for recording prepayment receipts.

The payment type field in Receipt class got connection with iPayment which is implemented through iReceivables.Pls refer iPayments user guide.

Regards,
CA.Sridhar.K
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Hello Mr.Sridhar K.

Many thanks for your valuable input. Information shared by you on the topic is extremely good and useful.

However,Original message and subsequent clarification given by h3am does not mention anything about Order Management. He is asking "how to make cash payment in AR". Therefore the issue got confused with payment to customers.

However I also have one more doubt here......as you have said in OM terminology, advance payment by customer before shipment (or on submission of proforma invoice to customer) is called as "Prepayment"..... now my question is how this is different than "Deposit" in AR and why we should not book such "Prepayment" as "Deposit" in AR ....... kindly explain......

Thanking you with Regards
Dhananjay

[quote]Hi all,
I think the topic got deviated[:D] from the query raised by h3am.
The person asked abt how to record downpayment or prepayment while booking order.(The business requirement is that before shipping the goods the customer has to make downpayment called Prepayment in order management terminology)
The second post diverted the topic to Payment routing through AP.

Payment type in Order Entry window tells how the customer want to make payment relating to this sales order.

Payment type in Receipt class tells what is the mode of payment for the automatic receipts created using this receipt class(payment type field is available only for automatic receipt creation method)

However automatic receipt feature for cash and check payment type is not implemented in the present version of the apps. (that is what said in Receivables User guide)
For Sales Order having payment type as check or cash, payment infomation will not populate into transaction window payment method and bank information fields.

But Cash and Check Payment types are very much useful for making prepayments for Orders in Order management.

Please refer Order Management User guide for recording prepayment receipts.

The payment type field in Receipt class got connection with iPayment which is implemented through iReceivables.Pls refer iPayments user guide.

Regards,
CA.Sridhar.K

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by SRIDHAR
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Sridhar,
Can you pls explain your answer with an example which will give a clear idea to all?
SRIDHAR

Post by SRIDHAR »

"but now i need to use cash payment type how can i do it to use it in prepayment in Order management ?"[:0]
This is what asked by h3ma in first post.
My answer was referring to the above post understanding what his real INTENTION is though he differs in 2nd.

We expect Deposits as a security or business policy which is not meant for any single invoice.
However we receive prepayment as per business policy depending upon the circumstances like value of goods etc that too on a SPECIFIC INVOICE for example We may say that we will deliver goods only when you pay 20% of the total invoice amount
Deposit is available for adjustment against any Invoice of the Customer
For Sales order having Prepayment, Receipt will be created automatically in AR when you book the sales order.
When you create an Invoice using AutoInvoice the above receipt will be automatically applied to Invoice

Regards,
CA.Sridhar.K
Apps Techno Functional Consultant
h3am

Post by h3am »

Dear Sridhar.K,

Thanks for your information abut prepayment in order mgmt and autmatic receipt i will read more in order mgmt and iReceivables and i need any clarification, i will ask you and ther our friends thanks alot.

Hesham
Dhananjay

Post by Dhananjay »

Hi Sridhar

Yes , you have correctly interpreted the query raised by h3am .

Many Thanks for the valuable input given to this forum.

Regards
Dhananjay

[quote]"but now i need to use cash payment type how can i do it to use it in prepayment in Order management ?"[:0]
This is what asked by h3ma in first post.
My answer was referring to the above post understanding what his real INTENTION is though he differs in 2nd.

We expect Deposits as a security or business policy which is not meant for any single invoice.
However we receive prepayment as per business policy depending upon the circumstances like value of goods etc that too on a SPECIFIC INVOICE for example We may say that we will deliver goods only when you pay 20% of the total invoice amount
Deposit is available for adjustment against any Invoice of the Customer
For Sales order having Prepayment, Receipt will be created automatically in AR when you book the sales order.
When you create an Invoice using AutoInvoice the above receipt will be automatically applied to Invoice

Regards,
CA.Sridhar.K
Apps Techno Functional Consultant

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by SRIDHAR