PO Read only Responsibility

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
AmanKhan

PO Read only Responsibility

Post by AmanKhan »

HI ALL,

I want to create purchase order inquiry only responsibility. User can only view purchase order details and but can't update details.
I have restricted responsibility to Create New PO but still user can update PO detail.

Can anyone explain, how can i achieve this goal, Which function should i exclude to restrict responsibility to read only/inquiry ?

Regards,
imtiyaz

Post by imtiyaz »

Hi Aman

Typically, you'll make individual functions as view only. Some people will then create custom menus with these functions and attach them to custom responsibilities. Examples could include things like:

View Purchase Order Summary (don't allow them to open, control, etc.)
View Invoices
View Suppliers
etc.

There are several seeded view-only functions that can be attached to menus and then to responsibilities.

As an example, the PO Summary form is tied to the function PO_POXPOVPO. If you wanted to make that view-only, you could create a new function (System Administrator: Application/Function): ****X_PO_POXPOVPO_V, User Name: View Purchase Order Summary. Copy all other variables just like to seeded one, except in parameters set that to QUERY_ONLY="YES". You'd then attach that to a menu and that menu would be attached to a responsibility. In this example, I can't remember if you'd have to also include responsibility exclusions to prevent Control actions, but that's pretty much how traditional forms are transformed into view-only mode.

Let us know if this is/is not what you're after.

Imtiyaz
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Imtiyaz,

Thanks for your contribution as it is very helpful & it has resolved the issue.

I found metalink note id: 400380.1 (How To Create a QUERY-ONLY FORM).

Regards,
admin

Post by admin »

Try forms personalization as well to achieve this. thanks