Payments of withholding tax invoices

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
fayyaz.tak

Payments of withholding tax invoices

Post by fayyaz.tak »

Dear all,

I made the payments of withholding tax invoices from payment window enter the invoices and made the payments there is some issue in selecting the invoices more than 400 invoices are selected on payment screen system is not generating the payments of 400 invoices there is any alternate solution for making the payments of more than 400 invoices kindly update me if there is any solution for it.

I am using the R12 Application version 12.0.4
Multiple Invoices and one payment against one supplier

Regards
Fayyaz Tak
vanisri_mayya

Post by vanisri_mayya »

Hi Fayyaz Tak,

Just see the set up for cheque, how many invoices you can select. Second thing is that better you can use payment batch for such a type of payments where more invoices are to be selected.

Regards,
Vanisri
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Fayyaz,

I also encountered same issue but found no workaround except that we have to pay additional invoices from other check number.

Vanisri,

I have gone through the check setup but didn't find any information regarding number of invoice selection. Plz mention the steps.

There is one issue with Payment manager that it doesn't make payment supplier site wise while user require payment of AWT invoices supplier site wise.

Regards,
vanisri_mayya

Post by vanisri_mayya »

Hi Aman,

Even we faced the problem then I found out the solution long back.

Navigation: set up - payment - format - query for the format of cheque you are using. There you can find number of invoices.

Regards,
Vanisri
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Vanisri,

I am also using R12.0.4 and checked payment format under Payment Administrator format but i couldn't any field related to number of invoices. Even i checked payment process profile and there is nothing about it.

Plz explain details in R12.

Regards,
vanisri_mayya

Post by vanisri_mayya »

Hi Aman,

In R12, the navigation is like this.

SEt up > Payments > Payment Administrator > Payment Process Profile.

Regards,
Vanisri
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Payment Process Profile has no field regarding number of invoices to be paid by single check.

Let me know where can u find this field in PPP ?

Regards,
vanisri_mayya

Post by vanisri_mayya »

Hi Aman,

I am unable to put here screen shot of the same. Give me your mail id. I will send you screen shot. The option is there to put number of invoices. it is there as 'maximum document per payment'.

Regards,
Vanisri
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Hi,

Thanks, i got the field i.e

Setup: Payment Administrator (Oracle Payments Setup) --> Payment Process Profiles --> Payment Creation (TAB) & Document Limits (section).

Here it is blank and as per understanding it means that there is no restriction of selecting the number of invoices but this is not the case system doesn't allow to select invoices after a certain number. May be it is some sort of bug or we have to specify some max number in this field to generate payment of maximum invoices by single check.

Regards,