AR SETUP ISSUE

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
babasoji

AR SETUP ISSUE

Post by babasoji »

I am implementing AR and have set up the system options, lookup and customers but TRANSACTION TYPE form does not open, so that i can create transaction types and when i tried to open the TRANSACTION form it gives the following error.

An unexpected error -6502 has occured. An alert has been sent to the system administrator.

ORA-01403 no data found

When i tried to open the RECEIPT form it gives the error

frm-40105: Unable to resolve reference to item.

Pls can anyone tells me why the TRANSACTION TYPE form is not opening?

Thanks

Babs
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Baba,

If you are facing this issue in R12 then please check with MO: default Operating unit profile options, we should give default OU to work on the transactions in AR.

Regards,
Shashi.
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

We are got the same kind of error while trying to open receivables activity form.

Once we set up party tax profile in ebtax moudles, we got resolved our issue..

Please check , u already dont this set up?

Thanks,
Venktesh
benny

Post by benny »

Hi Babs,

I faced a similar situation while doing this setup in 11i, just try running the replicate seed data program and check if your issue is resolved.

Rgrds
Ben[?]
admin

Post by admin »

Babasoji pl confirm if your issue resolved? tks
babasoji

Post by babasoji »

Tried everything but not working.

Pls any othe solutions.

REgards,
niletra

Post by niletra »

Hi

Have you done the "Party Tax Profile Setup" ?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Niletra Desai
babasoji

Post by babasoji »

Hii,

Have not setup party tax profile because i think it shouldn't affect the creation or setup of Transaction type. The form thats not opening is setup>Transaction > transaction type and not Transaction
babasoji

Post by babasoji »

Hii,

The forms are now opening when i used the view all security profile created automatically by oracle for my business group.

However i still need to use the security profile i created myself to secure the operating units. whenever i use the security profile i created at MO: and HR: Security Profiles, it gives the following error.

ora-20001:app-fnd-02901: You do not have access privilege to any operating unit. Please check if the profile option M0: Security profile include any operating unit or the MO: operating Unit is set. has been detected in MO_GLOBAL.INIT.

Pls can anyone tell me the use of '' Secure Organisation by single operating Unit'' when choosing security type in HRMS.

Regards,
sanjutapadia

Post by sanjutapadia »

In Order management in System Parameter set Item Validation Organisation to the operating unit and then retry.
babasoji

Post by babasoji »

Hii,

Thanking everyone for your support and assistance. The issue is resolved; its due to a misapplication of security profile.

Regards,
deev

Post by deev »

HI:i faced the same issue in AR 12.1, and to solve it plz do the following:

"RECEIVABLES ACTIVITY ERROR PLEASE DEFINE PARTY TAX PROFILE FOR &ORDID"
Solution
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:

1. Go into the responsibility: Tax Managers
2. Navigate to Parties -> Party Tax -> Profiles
3. Party Type: Operating Unit Owning Tax Content Party Name: populate your Operating Unit Name You should have a result to this query. If you do not make sure you create a Party Tax Profile for your operating Unit of the Type: First Party Legal Entity.
4. Verify the each component of location address associated with your organization is valid
5. Retest the issue.
6. Migrate the solution as appropriate to other environments.

Have a nice day :)