set up of approval of purchase order

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
hitesh81

set up of approval of purchase order

Post by hitesh81 »

Version R12/11i? = 11i
Instance PROD/TEST/VIS? =
Module? =
OS? =

q1)kindly let me know the set up of approval of purchase order ?

q2)if manager is on leave there is lot of po is sent for approval ?to divert the responsblity what can ve do?

q3) how to set the limit below the x amount po will approve automatically
nish_inv

Post by nish_inv »

Hi Hitesh,
Q1) For PO approval u need to have a Approval Hierarchy defined in the system.Note that the Requisition Hierarchy is different from the PO hierachy and consits of only Users Defined as Buyers in the System .

Q2)The system gives you the functionality of Vacation Rule .Check this with respect to your specific requirement

Q3)While defining the Hierachy you have to attach Approval groups which Specifies Amount And Document type and attach it to Approval Assignments .This makes the user approve PO based on amount attached to his position
umamahesh_jv

Post by umamahesh_jv »

hi Hitesh,

For your second question, i have a solution, you can use 'forward to' option. it wil be in PO screen. there you can forward to next authorised person by giving his name in that field.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers
Mahesh
hitesh81

Post by hitesh81 »

Hi mahesh

vacation rule is correct one ..........
Frapacino

Post by Frapacino »

Hi Mahesh just ensure that you specify what should go for approval before activating the vacation rule because if you dont specify everything will go to the other person.