Approval required for Journal - R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
benny

Approval required for Journal - R12

Post by benny »

Dear Members,

I was practising on Solution beacon when I created a manual Journal and tried to post it it said to Approve the Journal before I post, could you guide me how could I do an Approval in GL R12 as I'm new to this version.

Rgrds
Ben[?]
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Ben,

in the solution beacon (Public Instance), they have enabled Journal Approval feature for all journal entries passed in GL, which is why your entries require an approval before posting the same. In order to approve this journal entry, you should be an approver, if you do not have that privilege, you cannot do so.
( In case if you are trying out any test cases in solution beacon, i would advice you to create a journal entry for a very less amount, so that, low value transactions might not attract the approval option, if the setup is that way ...)

Regards,
Karthikeyan
sury.surendra

Post by sury.surendra »

do 1think Go to SOB there disable the Journal approval in R12 in the accounting setup manager u have to update the Accounting set up manager

[quote]Dear Members,

I was practising on Solution beacon when I created a manual Journal and tried to post it it said to Approve the Journal before I post, could you guide me how could I do an Approval in GL R12 as I'm new to this version.

Rgrds
Ben[?]

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by benny
benny

Post by benny »

Thanks for ur valuable feedback guys.....

Cheers
Ben[?]