FSG Reports

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
orais

FSG Reports

Post by orais »

Dears
I need to define report using fsg to display actual expenses viruses budget grouping by cost center and make the cost center value as a parameter when I run the report how can I do this report all I need to know where can I setup the value of parameter
Thanks
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Go for customize report if you want to make the cost center value as a parameter bcoz FSG doesn't support parameters. You have to specify Row & Column sets to generate FSG.

Regards,
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Orais,

You need to make use of Content Set and Segment Override features as well.
You create a content set for all cost center values...and include the content set in the report definition form as well.
While running the FSG report at run time, there is a parameter called Segment Override, in which you type the value of that particular cost center which you wanted to view .....
System will display transactions related to that cost center alone ....
Test it for yourself and share us the results ...

Regards,
Karthikeyan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Karthikeyan,

Thanks for the info. i was unaware of the feature benefits. It really good workaround to generate FSG report based on particular segment & COA values.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A607 ... conset.htm

Regards,
orais

Post by orais »

hi everyone
thanks to all it work just like you told me
many tahnks to all of you