no journal created after Income Statement Clos prg

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Ryad

no journal created after Income Statement Clos prg

Post by Ryad »

no journal entry created by the Income Statement Close program.
is there some one who can help me
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Ryad,

Can you share more detailed information as to are you facing any error with the program
Close Process-Creating Income Statement Closing Journal/
This program is normally ran for the year end close, on the adjusting period ( or any other open period) if you have defined any ....also prior to running this program, you have to make sure all journals are posted ..
Also check the parameters provided for this program ..it must include revenue and expense accounts .. also while choosing values in parameters, make sure you select the values from the LOV and do not type ......

Share us more if the issue is still persisting ...

Regards,
Karthikeyan
Ryad

Post by Ryad »

Hi Karth

i haven't any error message ; status request is finish without problem ( Normal).
i ran program for the year end close, on the adjusting period.
but there is incorrect journals not posted yet because we don't need it. ( what must to do here).
I use the correct parameters for this request (include revenue and expense accounts ) - (select the values from the LOV ).
BUT I found another field ( named : Income Offset Account) this field dosen't exist before.

that is it,
I hope that more information i give can help you.
best regards
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Ryad,

Income Offset Account Parameter field is optional, it is not mandatory. But since you are saying that this field was not
available before, i guess you must have applied any patch to the instance recently.
After running the program successfully, you got Journals Generated incorrectly or you did not get any journals at all..
since you stated ==there is incorrect journals==

Please raise an SR with oracle support to check the cause of the issue.

References:
854693.1 Close Process Has Generated Wrong Journals
151312.1 General Ledger Closing Journals Setup & Usage White Paper

Regards,
Karthikeyan
Ryad

Post by Ryad »

hi
thanks for your helps

a solution i found it in note id 151312.1 General Ledger Closing Journals Setup & Usage White Paper.

finally a colleague had accidentally open the period of the year following the direct consequences of opening the first period of the new year before closing the last period of the previous year that This process does not create a journal entry.
best regrads