new operating unit

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
erp11

new operating unit

Post by erp11 »

Hi.

can any one hip on this process.

currently our client is having two businesses. they are managing two business in one operating unit currently.

Now they want to go for different operating units separately.

so we have defined one new operating unit for subledgers and the GL is common as like earlier.

so now they want to transfer the open data relating to new operating unit from old one to new operating unit.

what are the steps needs to take at sub ledger level and at GL level.

how to go about regarding loading of TB and about reversing the TB and loading open data

we are in 11i and the version is 11.5.10.2

appreciate your suggestions.

thanks
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear erp11,

as per my understanding the scenario is:

Client ABC has existing setup of 1 - Set of Books and 1 Operating unit handling two Business A and B
Client ABC new setup will be 1 - Set of Books and 2 Operating units for each type of business. ( Exising OU = Business A, New OU = Business B )

All transactions related to Business B needs to be pushed to the new Operating unit created.

I expect the below considerations are to be taken care:

a) Open Transactions such as Payable Invoices not paid, Receivable invoices not Received, Payment done not cleared, Receipt made not remitted are all to be taken out from Existing Operating unit by closing the transaction and upload / create those in the new operating unit created.

b) Suppliers and Customers created for the existing operating unit can be shared by the new operating unit by creating one more site for the new Operating unit and disable old supplier and cusomer sites.

c) All the open transactions which are to be uploaded in the subledger modules, the relevant opening balances of those open transactions are to be uploaded in the General Ledger module also to impact the opening balances.

Regards,
Karthikeyan