FSG query

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
syedtaju_21

FSG query

Post by syedtaju_21 »

Dear All,

I have defined the Parent and child relationship in Natural Account Segment. I have defined FSG. The output is showing child values only.
My requirement is only Parent value should come in the FSG output. How we can do the same.
Ex: 10000 is parent value for Fixed Asset and 10001 - Land n building,10002 - Motor Vehicles, 10003 - computer and peripherals etc...

I have defined the same relationship in my natural account segment.

My requirement is only Parent value should come in the FSG output example 10000 as Fixed Asset with the sum of all child values.

Please guide me on this issue.

Advance Thanks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

HI syedtaju

The best way is that you define in the raw (Fixed Assets) & in the account you include all accounts (parent & child) and select Display option total.

This raw will include all values in the child accounts & display in 1 raw with name Fixed asset & you have the option to extend this value to analysis by change the display option to be extend.

Hope I can help you.
Thanks
Hisham
syedtaju_21

Post by syedtaju_21 »

Hi Hisham,

As per your update, I will have to create another Natural Account segment value as Grand Parent and in the child values I have to select the option as child and parent values. And in the FSG setup I have to select the Option as 'T' total.

Ex:- I have already defined the Fixed asset accounts from 10001 to 10009. For these the existing Parent value is 10000. Now I have to create another segment value as 10010 and in the child values I have to assign from 10000 to 10009. In the FSG I have to select the option as 'T'.

I will do the same and update you on tomorrow.

Thanks & Regards
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi syedtaju

You can define the fixed asset raw in FSG which contain from account 10001 till 10009 with option T.

No need to define another value 10010 & assign the child value to it because you already define value 10000 as parent & assign the child value to it.

Thanks
Hisham