New Org Structure/Ledger Setups

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
EMANUEL

New Org Structure/Ledger Setups

Post by EMANUEL »

Hi

Will appreciate if some one helps me in creating a new Organization structure and COA

Company has 2 Legal Entities one in India and another is in UAE.

We have taken Project Costing only for tracking Project Costing.

They have 2 Operating Unit (Mumbai & Varodra) and 2 Inventory Org (Navi Mumbai and Varodra). They want to see Balance Sheet and P&L at Operating Unit Mumbai and Varodra Level.

Now let me tell You what Org Structure and COA I have decided.

Business Group (BG) : TEL NETWORKS
2 Legal Entity : TEL INDIA and TEL UAE
2 Primary Ledgers : PRIMARY LEDGER (INDIA) and PRIMARY LEDGER (UAE)
Operating Unit (OU) : MUMBAI & VARODRA ( I have kept this as Balancing Segment as

they want Balance Sheet & P&L at this level)

Inventory Org : Navi Mumbai and Varodra

Proposed COA

1) Company
2) OU ( Mumbai & Varodra) -- Balancing Segment
3) Inventory Org .................................................(Please let me know if this segment is required?)
4) Cost Center (Which will be there Projects)......................(They want to Track Project as Cost Center)
5) Accounts
6) Future 1
7) Future 2

I want to know Do I have to Keep Intercom any Segment in COA as they will do Inter company Transaction means transaction between 2 LE?

Please let me know If all of the above Org Structure and COA are correct. Please guide me any additional setup If I required to do?

If I need to have Balance Sheet and P&L account at Operating Unit Level i.e Mumbai and Varodra the above COA is right or not , as I have kept the Balancing segment as OU

Rgds
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI,

Segment 1 & 3 are not required.
Since you have two OUs, you can add Intercompany segment as well.
Your coa segments will be:

1. OU
2. CC
3. NA
4. IC
5. F1
6. F2

If they have any LOB or Division, then you can add one or two more segments as per client requirement.

Regards,
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Along with LOB, Division, Check whether they want to track something on Department or not?

Inter Company segment is recommended especially when you have two LE's.

Regards,
Uma