How to change "Cash Clearing" to "Cash" on Payment

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
yingsras

How to change "Cash Clearing" to "Cash" on Payment

Post by yingsras »

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I set the Cash Account and Cash Clearing Account on Bank and entered many AP Payment transactions.
Then I don't want to use the Cash Clearing Account. I want it's directly go to Cash Account when Create Payment Accounting.
So I delete the Account at Cash Clearing Account on Bank Account Page. Then clear cache. After that I tried to enter the payment transaction with this Bank.
But after create accounting, the Accounting Class is still "Cash Clearing" and the account code is the cash clearing code in-spite of I deleted it.
Can anyone please tell me that it cannot be changed?

Thanks in advance.
haider1781

Post by haider1781 »

Hi
Confirm the following changes:
-Go to Bank Account and enter the Bank Accounts at Cash Clearing Account also and save the changes.
-The payment that already been paid will be shown while running the create accounting in Cash Clearing Account
-New payment after chaging the Account on bank page from Cash clearing to Bank account will be directly shown under cash account.

If still not working then ask.

Thanks
yingsras

Post by yingsras »

Hi haider1781,

Thanks for your answer.
It works now, just change the account code in cash clearing field.
By the way the Accounting class is still being Cash clearing.

Thanks,
yingsras
haider1781

Post by haider1781 »

Hi

Accounting class will remains the cash clearing, because it always uses accounting class by default as "Cash Clearing" at this level.

Thanks

Haider
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hello

You need to do the following in my opinion;

1. Go to bank Account and remove cash Clearing account

2. Then Go to Account Access level (for operating unit from which you are making payment) ;also remove cash clearing account.

3. Then go to Setup > Options > Payable Options > Accounting tab > Uncheck accounting for "when payment Clear'' both for payment and Gain/loss.

4. enter new payment ; create accounting and confirm Liability Debit and Cash Credit instead of Cash clearing ;

Hope this help.... Plz reply if it sitll not work.

Thanks