urg:transaction date is eralier than creation date

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
mlashin

urg:transaction date is eralier than creation date

Post by mlashin »

transaction date is eralier than creation date in inventory material transaction , it is strange for that ,that make for me aproblem i need to know why and how to solve this problem
i need help asap
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi mlashin

This is not strange. It can be made many times if you open your period.

Suppose you need to enter a transaction today 21-Mar-2012 but this transaction related to yesterday work. so you can on the transaction date select date 19-Mar-2012 & complete your transaction is you still open the period Mar-12.

So creation date will be > transaction date.

If you use R12, you can make personalization in all inventory forms to make the transaction date is only view without any updates.

Thanks
Hisham
mlashin

Post by mlashin »

dear hisham
i set profile option to prevent changing dtransaction date so the creation date must be transaction date
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi mlashin

Please find below the inv: profile explanation;

INV:Transaction Date Validation
Controls the date you can enter for transactions. Available values are:

Allow date in any open period -> Allows entry of a past date if it is in an open period.
Do not allow past date -> Does not allow entry of a date before the current date.
Do not allow date in past period -> Allows entry of dates in the current period only.
Provide warning when date in past period -> Allows entry of dates in prior periods after a warning.

Inventory predefines a value of Allow date in any open period for all levels upon installation.

Also check this profile setup on Site, Application, and Responsibility levels because you may be set this profile with value different than the site value.

Thanks
Hisham