Can SLA do as Account Generation Workflow?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Zee_ora

Can SLA do as Account Generation Workflow?

Post by Zee_ora »

Hi Gurus,

Your help will be really appreciated. I would like to know about the SLA functionality that Can SLA do like Account Generation workflow for example if i booked AP invoice then invoice distribution account auto filled with accounting rules like company segment, respective cost center segment, respective location if it will related with expense nature invoice etc..

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Zeeshan
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi Zeeshan,

SLA does not work the way an Account Generator does based on workflow configured. SLA comes in to picture only when the accounting operation is performed, whereas Account generators are used when the transaction is recorded.
SLA can derive, default, override Chart of Account segment values at the Accounting Entry Level and not at the Transaction level.
You can try defining Distribution sets in Payables Module and assign it to Supplier sites, which would in turn default at the Invoice Distribution level, during invoice creation ....

Regards,
karthikeyan
pinnashanmukh

Post by pinnashanmukh »

Hi,

This expected feature is transaction accounting defination (TAD)

But unfortunately this works only for AGIS module

we have left out with workarounds like personalization, distribution sets

Thanks,
Shanmukh
Zee_ora

Post by Zee_ora »

Hi karthikeyan and Shanmukh,

Thank you so much for your response!

Now i am feeling comfortable and confident about SLA and TAD because i was worked so much on TAD/TAB (transaction account builder) so as i can associate TAB with ADR (account derivation rules) but could not do so. its mean it is working with only AGIS. I think oracle should allow it for other applications (sub-ledgers) as well because there will be a conflict and need to define the control between default accounting string values using AG (account generation workflow) and after create accounting program using SLA. For example, we customize AG for default accounting string as per our accounting rules for our AP invoices (project related) and in SLA our account derivation rules is configured something different then transaction level and create accounting level will be different. So, we need to define any control like if any accounting rule will be update then we need to update the AG as well same as account derivation rules. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Zeeshan