Hi Approval for payment

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
srinivas.oebs

Hi Approval for payment

Post by srinivas.oebs »

Hi GURUS,

This is my requirement that in our client head office is located at Hyderabad and having the branches across all over India.
So the requirement is when we make a payment if the payment is more than 10000, this should be done by head office and head office bank account only.And if the amount less than the 10k then concern branch can be paid.

How can we do this in r12.

Please just advise me can it be done by customization?

Regards,
Srinivas
admin

Post by admin »

Try using forms personalization if not then workflows. tks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Srinivas

I think you can also use the approval management to determinate your requirement when you approve the invoice.

Thanks
Hisham
niletra

Post by niletra »

Hi Admin

We have also came across same kinds of requirment , we need a Payment Approval .....if the amount is more than 10Lacs than it send to Head office and if Payment amount is less than 10 lacs it will done from the Branch Office

Can you please provide some more information regarding this problem solution ........

Thanks

Best Regard,
Niletra Desai
amicguys

Post by amicguys »

Hi Niletra,

Do you want to setup the approval limits at Invoice level or Payment level

Oracle Standard Funtionality provides approval at Invoice level, however if your client insists the approvals at payment level we need to customize the apporval workflow

If Client wants to set the option at Invoice level, then we can use Oracle AME (approval management engine)

To achieve the above we need to set define different apporval groups & we should select the action type as Prodcution rule.

Please let me know your complete requirement to get some clarity on your requirement.

Thanks,
Vijay Kishore.k
niletra

Post by niletra »

Hi Vijay

Thanks a lot for your Reply

actually we have already set the approval at the Invoice level ...

But client insist us to set the approval at the Payment level

Can you please tell me is there any way to address client requirement
and if possible please tell me in detail

Thanks

Best Regards,
Niletra Desai
Zee_ora

Post by Zee_ora »

Hi Gurus,

We need the same solution (approval on payment). Now the question is:

- Does oracle Payables support for payment approval and can AME be used for these kind of approval requirement?

Thank you for the answering.

Regards,
Zeeshan
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi All,

Oracle Payables and Oracle Payments does not support/provide any Approval workflow at Payment level, it is only performed at the Invoice Level.
The thumb rule in payables is, Only when the Invoice is approved it is elibigle for Payment, so by delaying or witholding an Invoice Approval one can withhold payment. Only invoices that are to be paid can be approved. It is very redundant to have approval at two levels.
This requirement is mostly required for Indian clients from my past experiences ....

The only option to meet the Client requirement would be to opt for an Custom solution, and how that custom solution can be implemented depends on the technical lead or architect available in the team...
Locking the Thread ...

Regards,
Karthikeyan