Refund Check Output

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Simo

Refund Check Output

Post by Simo »

Hi friends,
I really need your help completing the refund process in R12. I created a refund against a reciept in AR. Run create accounting, an AP invoice got created automatically! I verified all the information of the AP invoice and then made the payment! The check came out missing all important info such as Company logo, the supplier(Customer receiving the refund) information, all the information that appears in a check and the stub is missing except the pay to the order"customer name and address"..

Please help kit`s urgent!
Simo
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Simo

I understand from you that the payment was created successfully in the AP module but when you print the check, the supplier information are missing.

I would like to know which report used to print the check because I think the issue in the report.

Thanks
Hisham
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi Simo,

as Hisham referred this could be an issue with the custom report used for check printing.
The custom report must have been built for a normal payment, whereas for a refund to customer, the Payment Request invoice is created in payables treating customer as a supplier ... this supplier record may not have all the details like a regular supplier, which might case few fields to be blank ....
Also, check whether this is the first time you are printing check for a Refund Invoice or this used to work fine earlier for this type of refund payments ...

Regards,
Karthikeyan