How to make meetings productive?

All the discussion which is not possible in the above forums should be posted here.
sikandar

How to make meetings productive?

Post by sikandar »

Hi,
Most of us don't care about the time spent on certain activity/task. Same is for meetings as we never calculated the cost on meetings. Secondly there is a need to make the meetings more productive and I have a suggestion which I would like to share with all of you,

<b>Problem:</b> Calculating meetings cost to make meetings more productive.

<b>Suggestion:</b> There should be software installed on a pc placed out side the meeting room while integrated with HR and Payroll.

<b>Pre-requisites:</b>
o All meetings should be arranged only in the meeting room so no office meetings.
o Barcode scanner
o Employee cards with barcode
o There should be 2 computers one out side the meeting room and other in the meeting room. Each participant will have to swipe his/her card while entering in the meeting room and swipe out while leaving. All the activity of meeting will be entered on the computer placed in the meeting room (minutes).
o All the participants will swipe the card from top to bottom.
o There should be 1 who will lead the meeting.
o There must be meeting start and end time specified in the system.
o The participants list will be maintained in the system.

<b>Features:</b>
o The participant time will start when he/she will swipe in the card and will end when he/she will exit the meeting room by swiping out his/her card.
o As the software is linked with organization's Human Resource and Payroll system so cost will be calculated.
o The late arrivals will bear the cost of existing participants.
o The minutes will be entered in the system so to calculate the cost of each minute.
o The system will auto circulate minutes of meeting to each participant with his/her cost and cost of each point discussed.

I hope there is no such module in any ERP so such system should be online before going for an ERP solution so to calculate the cost on meetings conducted for ERP. hmmmm

Let's discuss the above suggestion so your feedback would be vital.

thanks