DVD directory structure

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
otenyop

DVD directory structure

Post by otenyop »

hi,

I've gone through the apps DBA v1.2 document and i think its great.
I am downloading the installation files for 11.5.10.2
for linux x86 from edelivery.oracle.com site.At the moment am
dowloading the first 47 files which end with APPL_TOP -Disk 2 (Part 2 of 2).Are they enough for me to have GL,AR,AP,FA,HR,PO,INV,ORDER
ENTRY installed on my server.Next question is, after downloading the files how do i go about unzipping the files then burning to DVDs.What is the directory structure in the respective DVDs so that i can now create a staging area from the DVDs?

Regards
Phil
admin

Post by admin »

Pl read the page 8 of DBA document hope all is written very clear there the way how to setup stage area. thanks
otenyop

Post by otenyop »

You know the page 8 of the document begins when already the installation files are assumed to be on the DVDs.but in my case the individual files are separated and i have to download them individually then BURN them to DVDs. so my question is how do i burn them to the DVDs? what file goes where?
So once i have burned them to the DVDs then i can now proceed with the setting up of the Stage area.Cause now i dont have any installation DVDs. Please refer to edelivery.oracle.com to see how the files are.
Thanks
admin

Post by admin »

If you have downloaded all the files then unzip all and place in a directory structure manually as provided in the document. Secondly you should also get help from the FAQ's on the download site,

Frequently Asked Questions

* How do I know which files are required? <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
* What are the disk space requirements?
* How do I get my license code?
* More...

Hope now things will start working at your end if not then let us know. thanks