Chart of Accounts

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kumarsatheesh

Chart of Accounts

Post by kumarsatheesh »

Hi,
We in a stage of finalizing the chart of account setup

Company ? Section ? Department ? Division ? Account ? Project - Future

Section ? Department ? Division
01-011-0111
01-011-0112

I would like to know is it possible we can derive the Section and Department from Division. What our planning user will enter the Division code then system will automatically derive the Section and Department

Have any idea.

With Regards

Satheesh Kumar
muzaffarnaim

Post by muzaffarnaim »

Satheesh

I dont think you should go with this structure unless you have some particular requirement, what i think you can manage all these three from only one segment with Section as Grand Parent and Department as Parent and ofcourse Division would come under Department as a child which would be enterable. I think this could fullfill your requirement too because by just entering Division you can see Section and Department too in standard and customized reports of each transactions. In case of division free transactions you can also define Department as child value too under its Department.

For Inquiry purpose you can define Summary Accounts for some particular accounts.

Regards

Muzaffar Naim
Oracle Financials Functional Consultant