Overlapping period while hiring?

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
sikandar

Overlapping period while hiring?

Post by sikandar »

I have the following info/configuration,

Position Manager IT
Budgeted Yes
Budget 1

Scenario,
Employee working on the above position has resigned on 01-JAN-2007 and 1 month notice period is enforced. So his last working day is 31-JAN-2007.

Query,
1- When the recruitment process will start to fill this position as still this position is not
Vacant?
2- How the HR will be notified that they should start recruitment process?
3- If the HR has started recruitment and the new candidate will join on 25-JAN-2007, on which assignment he will work till 31-Jan-2007. How can we hire the candidate on a position of which budget is only 1 and it is assigned to an existing employee?

Hope the question is clear and if not then let me know for any further information provided.
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Sikandar,

1- The recruitment process can start any time since you can define vacancies and then enter applicants and hire them.
2- For the notification, It can be done through Oracle Alerts, or simply creating a report that is scheduled to run regularly.
3- Because the position is not vacant you, can define another position as temporary IT Manager and assign the new employee to it until the IT Manager is resigned.

Take care and I hope this is beneficial.

Best Regards,

Ahmad Ghanem
Senior Oracle HRMS Consultant