Apps R12 i Financial

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anu_uma

Apps R12 i Financial

Post by anu_uma »

Hi All,
The new things that are in the Apps R12i are included, These details are not verified by me, but I want some of u to update more on the new Release....
Its in HTML web Form,

It's same like Release 12i only some parts are changed to web format like customer's screens

All the data is interfaced with web no manual entry for sub ledgers across the globe....

We can have multiple OU's in one responsibilities & Multiple Bank Accounts can be assigned to all OU's, No need to define all bank accounts in all OU's,

Any Other Pls update and Share the knowledge...............
FYI if there is any correction in the above is welcome as I am not using Apps 12i

TIA
admin

Post by admin »

Pl download the EBusiness 12 Sys Admin doc and get the feeling of r12. thanks
mckoy2404

Post by mckoy2404 »

Though the User Interface did not undergo any major changes, the Oracle Applications File system has changed quite a bit.

APPSORA.env -> APPS<SID>.env

The APPSORA.env used to setup your E-Business environment has now been replaced by the APPS<SID>.env which in trun calls the
$ORA_CONFIG_HOME/10.1.2/$TWO_TASK.env
$APPL_CONFIG_HOME/$TWO_TASK.env

Instance Top
A new Instance Top has been introduced
INT_TOP=$HOME/inst/apps/<context_name>
One of the main advantages of having this is to get a clear distinction between the shared file system and the file system unique to an instance.

Other Newly Introduced Variables

AF_JLIB - This points to your $COMMON_TOP/java/lib

JAVA_BASE - This points at $COMMON_TOP/java/

Other Environment Variable Changes

JAVA_TOP- The JAVA_TOP now points to $COMMON_TOP/java/classes instead of $COMMON_TOP/java

OA_HTML - The OA_HTML now points to $COMMOM_TOP/oacore/html instead of $COMMON_TOP/html

FND_SECURE - FND_SECURE now points at $INST_TOP/apps/fnd/12.0.0/secure/ as opposed to $FND_TOP/secure/<SID>/

Apart from this the machine admin scripts are now located at
$INST_TOP/admin/scripts/OA Frameworks from the Basics.