How to disable Price field in PR/PO screen?

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
chijperng

How to disable Price field in PR/PO screen?

Post by chijperng »

Hi all,

My customer have a requirement to disable the Price field in Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order screen.

Customer is enforcing the policy of getting the requisition or purchase item from quotation line.

Kindly advise what need to be configured to disable the Price field in PR and PO screen.

Thank you.

Rgds,
chijperng
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

if you are using 11.5.10 + then use forms personalization feature.

[quote]Hi all,

My customer have a requirement to disable the Price field in Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order screen.

Customer is enforcing the policy of getting the requisition or purchase item from quotation line.

Kindly advise what need to be configured to disable the Price field in PR and PO screen.

Thank you.

Rgds,
chijperng

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by chijperng
chijperng

Post by chijperng »

Hi Ahmad,

Good day. Thank you for your prompt reply. we are currently using Oracle EBS ver 11.5.10.2 and I've look into the forms personalization feature you mentioned.

I'm not familiar with the forms personalization feature. Do you think I'm able to get guidance from you?

Thank you.

Rgds,
chijperng
admin

Post by admin »

Pl download the Apps Admin document from the Tutorials section and it is already covered there. thanks
chijperng

Post by chijperng »

Thanks for the information provided.
I have tried to follow the mentioned documentation to test out the Form Personalization for Requisition Form.

I've tried using Forms Personalization but unfortunately I couldn't figure out the correct parameters to set in order to have no errors.

My Form Personalization Setup in Requisition:
1. Function Name: PO_POXRQERQ
2. Form Name: POXRQERQ
3. Debug Mode: Off
4. Seq = 1
5. Description = Disable Price Field in Requisition
6. level = Function
7. Enabled = Yes

Condition Region:-
8. Trigger Event: WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE
9. Trigger Object: nil
10. Condition: nil
11. Processing Mode: Not in Enter-Query Mode
12: Level = Site

Actions Region:
13. Seq = 1
14. Type = Property
15. Description: Disable Price
16. Language: All
17. Enabled: Yes
18. Object Type: Item
19. Target oBject: LINES.UNIT_PRICE
20. Property Name: ENABLED
21. VALUE: FALSE

Then [save] and [Apply Now].

But once I'm in the Requisition Screen and go into Requisition Line Item, an error message prompt and shows the below message:

"FRM-41316: Canot set Insert Allowed property of disabled item LINES.UNIT_PRICE"

Kindly advise on the my forms personalization setup. Something went wrong somewhere.

Thank you.

Rgds,
chijperng
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
Even I tried to Display that Field but it accepted for that particular instance.

When I try to enter new Po - It says an ORA-00920 error so the False Property could not be saved.

U try to make that particular Fields Enterable - property is set to True, Set it to False and update allowed : set it to False

Try it and let all of us know.

I tried with Vision Instance and got the above error.

Try it in Test instance or in Vision instance

TIA