avoid bounced emails-suggestion

Your suggestions in order to improve the ERPstuff.com.
SRIDHAR

avoid bounced emails-suggestion

Post by SRIDHAR »

Dear Admin,
Try to attach a program to the registration process which will send a validation code or validation link to the appropriate registering email id
Then I think you will be able to solve deleting of all bounced emails i.e. junk

Regards,
CA Sridhar.K
admin

Post by admin »

It is the registration feature that you register with a valid email id and the system will send you an email for confirmation. Now if the user enters wrong email address then that email which was sent for registration confirmation comes back to me saying the recipient could not be reached.

postmaster@cyber13 Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.
user_id@email.com

Do you not think it creates inconvenience for me and really annoys me that even people don't have time to enter a correct email address or......

Another problem that I manually allowed the user registration as sometime even if you provided correct email id but due to spam filters email may be parked into spam folder and the member is waiting for the email. But it creates problem when I send email at the time of new doc release and get back 100's of emails with the failure.

All members are invited to give their suggestion as I personally don't like/want to charge the members but such situation..........

Thanks
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Admin,

it is your area who has to think about your convenience too.....yes Definetly it will annoy you and kills ur time unnecessarily.

Better you can have a validation check of Email id before registration itself, registration screen just give the link to register which will lead them to enter the user name and other personal details, then the automatic mail will be delievered to the concern user, from there they can start the registration.

Another Solution is u can ask them to login with EMail id's instead of login name and password, they can use their mail ids as login name.

but decision is urs as it is going to be a major issue for you.

I am comfortable with the existing style.

TIA

[quote]It is the registration feature that you register with a valid email id and the system will send you an email for confirmation. Now if the user enters wrong email address then that email which was sent for registration confirmation comes back to me saying the recipient could not be reached.

postmaster@cyber13 Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.
user_id@email.com

Do you not think it creates inconvenience for me and really annoys me that even people don't have time to enter a correct email address or......

Another problem that I manually allowed the user registration as sometime even if you provided correct email id but due to spam filters email may be parked into spam folder and the member is waiting for the email. But it creates problem when I send email at the time of new doc release and get back 100's of emails with the failure.

All members are invited to give their suggestion as I personally don't like/want to charge the members but such situation..........

Thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin