How to adjust in accounts payable

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
pradip_m

How to adjust in accounts payable

Post by pradip_m »

Hi I am using Oracle India Localisation Product version 11.5.9.
I often come across to a situation where in I need to adjust the excess amount in Payables.The situation can be best explained by the following example.
say for a supplier XXX the invoice is accounted.consider the total amt of the invoice is Rs 14999.60.which when rounded off becomes 15000
Now during the Payment when i choose that particular supplier Invoice for payment.It will only allows me to chose the exact supplier Invoice amt ie Rs 14999.60 only,ideally in which i would like to have Rs 15000
only with Paisa 40 as discount/adjustment.
Is there any workaroung available here in payables like receivable where u can adjust the same throuhg receivable activities.
waiting for your valuable suggestion(s).
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Pradip
ramkic

Post by ramkic »

Hi,
Since the Invoice has been accounted for, create an adjustment distribution with 0.40. This will add up the invoice total to the required amount. Before that, It is always advisable to have a different expense account to charge this amount for further accounting reporting purpose.
Regards
ramkic