autoinvoice in ar

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
venkat_mel

autoinvoice in ar

Post by venkat_mel »

hi,

how to use autoinvoice in AR. can anyone let me know plz.

thanks,
venkat
muthyala

Post by muthyala »

AutoInvoice process is used to import invoices, credit memos, debit memos, and on?account credits. Receivables ensures that the data imported is accurate and valid.

Rgds
Muthyala
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

hi,

how to use autoinvoice in AR. can anyone let me know plz.

thanks,
venkat

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by venkat_mel - 08/05/2007 : 7:47:46 PM</div id="right"></i>
Hi ,

Autoinvoice is a program that is used to import and validate transaction data from external financial systems or other modules of Oracle Applications(Order Management, Oracle Projects, Oracle Services).

Users can create Invoices, debit memos, credit memos, and on-account credits in Oracle Receivables using Autoinvoice.......

Naviagation to set the system options

Navigation > Setup> System > System Options > Trans and Customers

in the Trans and Customers tab in the System Options window, Fields relating to Autoinvoice are displayed Accounting Flex, System Items and Territory which are Tuning Segments.

The values entered in the tuning segments will determine the efficiency of Autoinvoice, in terms of performance.

Accounting Flex Tuning Segment

If indices already exist for the GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS table, use the value of the index, as the Accounting Flex Tuning Segment
Invoice Rules and Grouping Rules are related to autoinvoice setup's.

System Items Tuning segment

If indices already exist for the MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS table, use the value of the index, as the System Items Flexfield tuning segment.
Territory flex Tuning Segment

If indices already exist for the RA_TERRITORIES table, use the value of the index, as the Territory Flexfield tuning segment.
<b>Grouping Rules</b>

Autoinvoice uses grouping rules to group lines to create one transaction. Mandatory grouping attributes cannot be dropped. However, users can add optional grouping attributes.

Define grouping rules that AutoInvoice will use to group revenue and
credit transactions into invoices, debit memos, and credit memos.
Grouping rules specify attributes that must be identical for lines to
appear on the same transaction

<b>AutoInvoice Line Ordering Rules</b>

These rules are used by Autoinvoice to determine the order of the transaction lines on a particular invoice. When line ordering rules are not defined, Autoinvoice orders lines randomly on the transaction. A line ordering rule can be assigned to each grouping rule. Active invoice line ordering rules appear as a list of values in the Grouping rules window. Line ordering takes place after grouping.

Define invoice line ordering rules for transaction lines that you
import into Receivables using AutoInvoice. AutoInvoice uses these
rules to order transaction lines when grouping the transactions it
creates into invoices, debit memos, and credit memos. You can assign a
line ordering rule to each grouping rule.

then Navigate to

Setup > Transactions > Sources >Batch Sources
Enter the Transaction Source Details and Type as Imported

Select a transaction source of type ?Imported? from the list of values. Imported batch sources only can be used for Autoinvoice.
Enter the Standard Transaction Type and Credit Memo Batch Source.

In the Autoinvoice tab:
The fields Invalid Tax Rate, Invalid Line, GL Date in a Closed Period, Grouping Rule and check boxes for Create Clearing and Allow Sales Credit are displayed.

Then navigate to

Setup > Transactions > AutoAccounting

The various types of accounts for which AutoAccounting can be set up are, Autoinvoice Clearing, Bills Receivable, Factored Bills Receivable, Freight, Receivable, Remitted Bills Receivable, Revenue, Tax, Unbilled Receivable, Unearned Revenue, Unpaid Bills Receivable.

When an account Type is entered, Receivables displays all of the segment names of the Accounting Flexfield Structure.

RUNNING AUTOINVOICE

Autoinvoice Import, Master and Purge programs can be submitted from the Submit request window.
Navigation > Control > Requests > Run
However, only the Autoinvoice Master and Purge Programs can be submitted, from the Run Autoinvoice window.
Navigation > Interfaces > Autoinvoice

<b>Autoinvoice Master Program </b>selects and marks records in the interface tables, for processing based on the parameters entered. Once the records are selected, the Autoinvoice Import Program is spawned. Autoinvoice Master Program does not provide any report or output. The Master program allows running of several instances of Autoinvoice to improve system performance and to facilitate importing of transactions quickly.

<b>Autoinvoice Import Program </b>validates the selected records and creates transactions. Any record that fails validation is left in the interface table with an error code. Depending on the overall setup, related records may be rejected as well. An output file called Autoinvoice Execution Report and Validation Report, can be viewed by clicking the View Report button in the Requests Window.

A<b>utoinvoice Purge Program</b> deletes records from the interface tables. Only records that have been successfully processed by Autoinvoice are purged. If the Purge Interface Table option in the System Options window is set to No, Autoinvoice does not delete processed records from the interface tables after each run and the Autoinvoice Purge Program will have to be submitted independently.
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

In Receivables>Control>Accounting>Revenue Accounting

I have few Invoice where i cannot enter further actions, i am shown the error the revenue sales credit is not equal to zero for the line.

Can anyone guide me please, where i need to start for the solution and where is the problem??

Regards