Single Item Used For Domestic Sale And Export

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
rajib.banerjee

Single Item Used For Domestic Sale And Export

Post by rajib.banerjee »

I have an item manufactured which may be used for domestic sale as well as export.At the time of manufacture it is not known whether it will be exported or sold in local market.So,I am not in a position to use different item code for the same product.Please , help me how to resolve this issue in setup.
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi Rajib

You are correct. you cannot define two item codes one for domestic and one for export.

You need to identify what is your requirement?. You want to know the Profit margin in Export price and Domestic Price. Then Define two different price list one for export and one for Domestic and attach the same item enter the Prices for domestic and export.When you create SO the system is going to pick up the price accordingly and you can calculate the margin of Profit separately for Domestic and Export.

If you know at the time of manufacture itself then you can use attributes to control while completing the items to say it is for export and domestic and track the item itself accordingly

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Hi Sivakumar
Thanks for your reply.
My actual requirement is to find out how much is my Domestic Sales and how much is my Export at any given point of time. I have seperate account code for my Domestic Sales and Export Sales. Can I override the Revenue a/c at the time of Order Entry or anywhere so that the Revenue is booked into respective account initially or will I have to make Manual entry to bifarcate the total amount by manual journal?
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

This shows clearly yours is accounting requirement for Domestic Sales and Export Sales. Please Note Order Management Does not hold any accounting entry. The Only accounting Entry initiated from OM is when you ship the goods it creates the following Entry

Dr Cost of Goods Sold Account (picked up from Item)
Cr Inventory (Picked up from SubInventory)

The Revenue entries are generated only in Receivables using Autoaccounting set up.

So either you set up the account code values to be picked up from Transaction Type for Domestic Sales and Export Sales (Define Two Transaction Type for Domestic and Export Sales and attach the Same to your Order type Workflow)

or

If you can distinguish the Customer for Domestic and Export Sales then set up the Revenue account values for Domestic and Export Sales at Customer level and set the autoaccounting to pick the values from the Customer.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar