create a value set that depends on another

There are many available reports in Oracle Apps so you can discuss the requirements related to these reports here.
AIMAM

create a value set that depends on another

Post by AIMAM »

hello,

I am registering a report in oracle apps. I need to bind a subinventory parameter to the organization parameter in a report. Subinventory parameter list of values will depend only on the choice of the oganization from the list of values of the parameter. Both parameters i have created with validation type: table.
i have created the subinventory flexfield with the following where clause:

WHERE ORGANIZATION_ID=NVL(:$FLEX$.P_ORG_ID,ORGANIZATION_ID)

where "P_ORG_ID" is the token of organization id in the rdf file.

when I assign the value set to the parameter subinventory inthe program parameters window i get the following error message:

APP-FND-00798: Invalid reference P_ORG_ID in value set attached to segment SUBINVENTORY

Please check the WHERE clauses of your table validated value sets.

Can you help me please...
prabhakar

Post by prabhakar »

Hi,

For example if you have two value sets
1.organization code
2.subinventoory code

In first valueset (1_vs) u should select orgaanization code from table name in table valueset and pass organization id in the meaning field.

Then for the second valueset(2_vs) ,U should enter as select subinventory code from table name
In where /order by clause of secon valueset u should enter as
organization=:$FLEX$.1_vs.
This will display only the subinventories present in that particular organizatin which u have selected in first parameter.

Regards
Prabhakaran.R
prabhakaranraj@gmail.com
AIMAM

Post by AIMAM »

thanks a lot for your help. Can you please tell me what organization in : organization=:$FLEX$.1_vs.
refers to? is the token used from the rdf file or the parameter name I 'm using?
AIMAM

Post by AIMAM »

thank you .
i used ID table column for organization and it finally worked