Can anyone tell whether Oracle Supports Vista

Here you can discuss Operating Systems Linux/Windows issues.
shivjyotidey

Can anyone tell whether Oracle Supports Vista

Post by shivjyotidey »

Hi

Can anyone knows as whether Oracle supports Microsoft Windows Vista.

I bought a new laptop which is having Vista on it but when I wanted to install Oracle 9i client and Toad it errored out.

If Oracle is not supprting Vista, Can anyone know as to any other way or work around to install Oracle 9i Client and Toad without changing Vista.

An Early reply is much appreciated
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

Hi friend,

Pls check on oracle website. We should make effort first, if we cannot find solution then we can raise a post here

Regards
shivjyotidey

Post by shivjyotidey »

I have already did the same and did not find anything. But thru different website I came to know that Oracle till now is not supporting Vista atleast Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, & 11g is concerned.

Oracle at the starting of this year said that it will complete all requirment gathering and by the end of the first quarter of 2007 onwards it will support Vista. But nothing came out from Oracle so far in this effect and if you analysis market, all the companies who are manufacturing the Desktop and laptops they have replaced all old desktops and laptops operating systeme on which they were having operating system as XP with vista.

Anyway I just wanted to know whether there is any other work around for installing the Oracle 8i, or 9i client on vista untill Oracle comes with some sort of solution for the same.

Regards
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi

Before posting any topic always put your question in forum search engine. here is a thread for oracle vista client database download.

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1244

For previous database release change "compatibility" parameter accordingly it's working fine with me.

Thanks
Amir