Oracle Apps reports to Excel

All the discussion which is not possible in the above forums should be posted here.
sankarch

Oracle Apps reports to Excel

Post by sankarch »

Tips on exporting your Oracle Apps reports to Excel
Introduction
Oracle E-Business Suite provides users with a host of standard reports. Quite often I have found that exporting reporting information to Excel can provide users with additional data manipulation and reporting capabilities. Typically reports in Oracle E-Business Suite provide modular specific information and often there are instances where cross modular comparisons and checks need to be performed. Under these circumstances exporting reporting information to Excel can enable users to perform the comparisons that are often needed when performing month end reconciliations. This article will outline a methodology I have adopted for exporting reports from Oracle and importing this data in to Excel.
Exporting Reports
Within each E-Business Suite module it is possible for users to run a variety of standard reports on both their transactional and master data. The process I used for extracting these reports to Excel is as follows: -
1. Export Oracle Report to text file
After having run a report the user should view it?s output. From the output-viewing screen the menu option Tools > Copy File should be chosen. This will open up the output in your default web browser. From within the browser users should choose File > Save As and then choose to save the file as a text file on the local machine.
2. Import Text file into Excel
Having saved the report output on to your local machine as a text file, this file should now be imported in to Excel. Start up Microsoft Excel and choose File > Open ? ensure that ?Files of Type? is set to text files so that you can see all text files stored on your machine. Once you have located the text file that you would like to import choose to open it. This will immediately activate the text import wizard as displayed in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Step 1 of the import of the Account Analysis Report
Oracle Scene Copyright