Doubts about Oracle Job roles...?

In this forum you can share stuff related to Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i.
Racle11i

Doubts about Oracle Job roles...?

Post by Racle11i »

Hello Members,
Am looking to change my career as Oracle e-Business DBA. consultant .but when i came across job roles..it showing so many different kinds..had some doubts..
can anybody help me with these questions plz..!

1.what is the difference between Oracle DBA/Oracle server DBA?

2.what is the role involed for Oracle Production DBA...means who is meant to be Production DBA?

3.Production environment menas?

4.what is 1st,2nd and 3 line support for Database Applications means to be?

plz help me...

with many thanks..
admin

Post by admin »

1.what is the difference between Oracle DBA/Oracle server DBA?

> DBA is responsible of database which is on server. So no need to find any difference between these just you should know the DBA activities.

2.what is the role involed for Oracle Production DBA...means who is meant to be Production DBA?

> Production instance is where organizations actual transactions are entered and reports are generated. While the TEST is for testing purpose and is used for experiments or developments while no experiments on PROD.

3.Production environment means?

> Explained above.

4.what is 1st,2nd and 3 line support for Database Applications means to be?

1st line is you are directly interacting with the end user. For example you are working in a company and user pointed out an issue and you contacted Oracle Support. In this case you have logged the issue in detail so you are giving 1st line support while the Oracle guy is giving 2nd line support as he is basing on your logged issue and he has no contact with the end user.