prepayment

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kishoreoracle

prepayment

Post by kishoreoracle »

please help me, i have made a prepayment of 10000 to my employee and he resubmitted the bills for 8000. and now problem is that he left the office. where i have to adjust that 2000. in oracle what are the possibilities.
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Dear Chodary,

Think positively, no employee will leave with out releaving letter ok. i hope you are learning apps, donot think too smart. ask some intresting questions.

Regards
Anjani Kumar
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

hi
the probable solution in my mind is that enter an invoice of an amount equal to the amount of prepayment and apply the invoice on to it then enter a credit memo and match it with this invoice and in the refund take a adjustment bank with the account associated is especially created for this purpose......this is how you will debit this account (bank) and latter you can take it as loss and the credit will be the invoice (which was acctualy applied greater than the original invoice )
suvrendubose

Post by suvrendubose »

Hi,

This is reply to the reply posted by Mr. Anjani Kumar. I would like to request Mr. Kumar to preview your reply first before post so that you can avoid misspelling.

Also you should not think or act over smart. If you are not having any answer or solution to any question you should not post any irrelevant comments.

Thanks
prabhatbs

Post by prabhatbs »

I am fully agree with mr suvrendubose. Even a employee can be abscond from the company at any time. Right, Mr Anjani Kumar. So, Plz leave this know everything attitude and shut your mouth if u don't know the answer.
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Hi suvrendubose and prabhatbs,

while posting a comment read the question and answer properly ok. have you evr quit your job without releaving letter?

please answer this question and comment please.

and Mr prabhatbs have you read what is his question an employee taken 10000 as advance he returned bills for 8000? . when he return his bills after some working days only right, for those working days company suppose pay the salary. while paying salary accountant will deduct his salary.

I hope u might misunderstand my answer , be cool always ok.
Think logically and comment please

Regards
Anjani Kumar
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi Friends,

Pls leave this issue here itself. Dont make this site as Battle Ground for personal graveinces.

V r here to discuss the issue not for any other purpose.

Am sorry if any one takes my words as personal.
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Option 1: Keep as it is so if you will be able to get amount from that employee/person you will be able to adjust.

Option 2: If you have decided to close it then you will create an other debit invoice and will use an expense account and apply to the prepayment.

Let us know if still any query and thanks to P_MANMOHAN.

Thanks