Doubt regarding Multi Org Structure Set up.

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
naresh.apps11i

Doubt regarding Multi Org Structure Set up.

Post by naresh.apps11i »

Hi Oracle Apps Gurus,
Thank you for your answers to my earlier queries.
I have doubt regarding Multi Org Set up.

Scenario is like as below;

The Client is in the business of manufacturing, distributing printers and having Global operations in almost 100 countries belonging to various regions like North America,Europe,Latin America,Africa,Middle east ,Asia Pacific. Now what my doubt is "To set up Multi Org functionality during implementation ,do we need to consider separate Business Groups(BG) for each Country or to consider one Business Group for all regions put together?.

Any way SOBs ,in turn LEs and subsequently OUs would be different for each country.

I am waiting for ur favorable reply at the earliest.

Earliest reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Naresh
Aditi

Post by Aditi »

Hi,

As far as my understanding goes at BG level we do a HR setup.. Incase if they have the same kind of HR policies across the organization they can consider of having one BG.. But mostly they have different rules and regulation and HR policies depending on the location..So they might want to have BG specific to a Region...

Regards,
Aditi
vlu_latha

Post by vlu_latha »

one BG is sufficient.
But where ever you want to recruite employees, that organisation need to be defined as HR Organisation also.
Remaining regarding LE and OU may be followed as per you.
Racleoay

Post by Racleoay »

Dear Naresh:

Defining a business group depends on the organizational structure and the HR system of the company. if they differ accross countries, then you have to define a new business group

rania