Implementation related queries?

Under this forum members can discuss the AIM and its different documents.
kiran.apps

Implementation related queries?

Post by kiran.apps »

Hi all, iam new to apps i have some doubts can any one clarify my doubts.

1. what is the requirement study and client/user interactions & interviews
2. How we map the existing and future business process.
3. what is analysis of processes and Solution Design for addressing gaps identified
4. How can we configuration and Management of Conference Room Pilot,
5. How can we manage Conference Room Pilot, identify and resolve issues in the prototype.
6.Conversion and migration of data from legacy to test and production Oracle instances
7.Manage System Integration Testing, resolved issues faced by the users of the proposed oracle system.

thanks
kiran.
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Dear Kiran i will explain all these questions with suitable example.

1. what is the requirement study and client/user interactions & interviews

If Tata wants to implement a Oracle Apps fior their organization they will approach a implementing consultancies called Wipro, Satyam etc. these consultancies will aproach with client and send a quotation to Tata.

finally Wipro got the project.

Now wipro Apps team should gather present business process ( requirement gatheruing) . here tata wuill study the current business process .

now Tata will assign a it manager to approach with wipro he is the client side apps manager ( most of the cases he is a Oracle Apps professional).

After conformation the requirement gathering client side manager will ask the wipro who are all ( wipro team) is going to involve in this project

Then he will take an interview with onsite team members who is going to work at client site. if necessary offshore people too.

Ans: Based on client interaction the Wipro project manager or functional consultant will finalise the Future business process ( Changes in future). based on this he will prepare Document called BP-80.

3. what is analysis of processes and Solution Design for addressing gaps identified

Ans: Bp-80 document will represents the standard and customized functionality.

Ans: After completion of BP-80 we will start setups in application after completion of the setups we will show the business flow to clients in Class room pilot.

here we may gather some more requirements.

5. How can we manage Conference Room Pilot, identify and resolve issues in the prototype

ans: if any Gaps which is not available in standard functionality we will suggest customization.

6.Conversion and migration of data from legacy to test and production Oracle instances

Ans: Conversion means Client will maintain his information is other sw we have convert all those details to Oracle application.

vision,test and production are different instances. we will use it for better out come .

the final instance is Production here the user will enter the data in oracle applications.

7.Manage System Integration Testing, resolved issues faced by the users of the proposed oracle system.

Ans: System integration testing means client curent system details will integrate to Oracle Apps system.

while doing this we may sit with users and complete the process.

after completing the production setup we will give the traing to users if he face any problem we may solve it.( Supporting)

Note:- The above i have mentioned Wipro and Tata only for an example .

I hope this will help you, if any where i am wrong please correct me friends

thanks & Regards
Prasanth
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

Your answers are ok but you need to express yourself more in details.
admin

Post by admin »

Here it goes in my way...............

Company A is using a computer which is 5 years old and now they want to replace it. They advertised in the news paper that we are interested to purchase a new computer Core 2-Duo 2.6. Company B who sells computers read that advertisement and they are interested to sell computer to Company A. What they should do?

- Pack a computer, hand over to a gentleman with 3 piece suite, having a laptop and sun glasses as well. He will reach the Company A office and will say Hi here is the computer and this is invoice please make the payment. Imagine what will happen?..

- A gentleman with same specifications as above who knows about the computer hardware and functions of each part will visit the Company A office. Which department he should contact? (Finance, Information Technology (IT) or HR). If he will contact other than Information Technology you can imagine what kind of deal it will be (this is one of the major reason of projects failure).

1. What is the requirement study and client/user interactions & interviews

The gentleman entered in the IT and will contact the IT manager and will ask about the requirements. And the discussion is as below,

Consultant: Sir which computer you are already using?
Manager: We are using P4. (be careful this is not the complete information)

Consultant: Sir what is your requirement?
Manager: We want to buy a computer with good speed like Core 2-Duo 2.6, 2 DVD, 10 HDD 300GB, Dual Power Supply?..

Consultant: Sir our available computer can have maximum 5 HDD and if you are really interested then we can design a new one or we will request the company to add a separate box for 5 HDD (customization suggestion).

Hardware Guy: Meanwhile the hardware guy interrupts and gives his idea. He say Sir it is better to have 5 HDD?s of capacity 600GB each. >> Consultants learn at the client cost.

Manager: Please let us discuss as you don?t know the requirements. When he leaves the manager says to the consultant it is a better option to have 5 X 600GB.

Consultant: Sir even if we will have 5 HDD still we can have only 1 DVD but your requirement is of 2 DVD?s. Let me find a solution for this.

Secondly Sir who will be dealing so we can interact on this time to time.

Manager: Nominates the team.
Consultant: He may talk to the team member to have an idea of the team.

3. What is analysis of processes and Solution Design for addressing gaps identified

Consultant: Sir even if we will have 5 HDD still we can have only 1 DVD but your requirement is of 2 DVD?s. Let me find a solution for this.

Earlier Company A was using single DVD but in future they are interested to use 2 DVD?s while the computer can have only 1 DVD. The consultant designed solution for future requirement that 1 DVD will be internal and 1 will be external (USB).

5. How can we manage Conference Room Pilot, identify and resolve issues in the prototype.

Consultant prepared computer with all the client requirements and will take it to the client site. There the computer will be placed in the conference room and the client team will sit around the table to see how the machine will work from all angles.

One hard disk has bad sectors so noted by the consultant so he will replace final version of the machine while one DVD was not properly fixed so the consultant just fix it at the spot.

The next discussion point is the solution provided by consultant of external DVD. Few team members will say it is acceptable few will say no etc?.. Now it is finalized that this point will be taken to the higher management for their input. The consultant is asked to prepare a presentation for the management; he will put his efforts and will come again. The meeting will be a day long session and at the end the decision would be that we will keep only one DVD right now and will upgrade to the new model in future if required.

6. Conversion and migration of data from legacy to test and production Oracle instances

Now the next question is how to bring the data from old machine to this new machine. It is not just simple to copy and paste. The existing computer has the windows operating system while the new one will have Linux so how the privileges will be maintained from source to target.

7. Manage System Integration Testing, resolved issues faced by the users of the proposed oracle system.

The old computer was connected to 2 other computers to fetch the data from databases residing on those computers. We need to have same integration in the new computer as well. If there is any issue need to be resolved.

I tried to explain the concept using a computer sale and purchase as this is almost done by all but as being fresh in this area they may be confused with the ERP. Now as the concept is discussed now just replace the word above and try to understand,

Company A = Client
Company B = Vendor / Consulting
Computer = ERP (software like Oracle ERP or SAP ERP )
Gentleman = Consultant
Manager = Client Side Project Manager
Client Team Members = Client side coordinators
k_amjad

Post by k_amjad »

hai any one pls explain

in AIM
can u explaim me
in
solution designing

what type of doc and what type of work going in that pls any explain me

advance thanks